This Lifestyle & Travel/Girl-about-town blog from a thirty-something year old Tripadvior junkie/ Global gypsy/ thinker/do-er and all round pleasure purveyor aims to share my views and experiences from here there & everywhere. Life is a journey, so join me on my ride…
So here we are …2015…NEW Year, New Me, New Blog!
Since being the in the tourism & hospitality industry for a good 15+ years, one could say I’ve been around 😉 So why not pass along the gems of what I know, after all sharing is caring.
Whilst most of you probably went away over the December holidays I had a pretty laid back Staycation in my home town, Cape Town.
For those of you few remaining lucky buggers still on leave, I’d thought I’d share a few of my Top 10 Mother City Must Do’s for you to check out if you’re in Cape Town:
1. Nathan Sawaya’s “The Art of the Brick” Lego exhibition at The V&A Waterfront Watershed One of the most amazing art exhibits I’ve ever seen & totally child friendly
2. See the Watershed at V&A waterfront, has tons of artisan shops and window shopping is FREE
3. Hop on Hop off Red City Bus – even have the connecting Canal Boats to CTICC. This is great if you have limited time in the city and want to see as much as you can or even at your own pace
4. The amazing solar powered Sun Star atop Signal Hill – go check it out it’s free!
5. Beaches – Clifton, Camps Bay, Blouberg they’re all good! And free!
6. FREE Sunday Concerts in De Waal park, Gardens. Pack a picnic, bring your family!
7. Galileo open air cinema at V&A waterfront, Kirstenbosch, Hillcrest Quarry
8. Stroll along the seapoint promenade
9. Enjoy local Capetonian art for mahala every Thursday at Frist Thursdays in the CBD