UberEATS launches in Cape Town
The wait is finally over, UberEats is NOW available in Cape Town.
We, Capetonians, can now request some of the best food Cape Town has to offer, delivered to our door at a press of a button.
‘Eaters’ in Cape Town city bowl, Camps bay, the Atlantic seaboard and Woodstock can now look forward to getting their favourite meals from restaurants such as; My Sugar, HQ & Societi Bistro. Uber has partnered with a selection of the best and most popular restaurants and eateries in these areas.
Just as easy to use as the Uber rides app we know and love, UberEATS is an on-demand food delivery app powered by Uber. UberEATS partners with only the best local restaurants to get customers the food they want delivered faster. Some of Uber’s restaurant partners at launch include; HQ, Nü, Societi Bistro, My Sugar, The Creamery, Gibson’s Gourmet Burgers & Ribs, Engruna Eatery, IYO and many more.
Benefits of UberEATS:
- No queues!
- Customised orders – prefer your dressing on the side, no onions or coriander? No problem, the order can be easily customised in app.
- Besides not having to move a muscle, UberEATS aims to deliver – and quickly too. ‘Eaters’ shouldn’t have to wait longer than 45 minutes from order to delivery. (I received mine in 20 minutes)
- Restaurants get a new market and driver-partners get to expand their businesses.
- Restaurants can, for the first time, receive feedback from customers.
How does it work?
The UberEATS app can be downloaded on the app store or through the Uber rides app, as well as via the web at ubereats.com. Meals can be requested for delivery in the Cape Town City Bowl, Camps Bay, Atlantic Seaboard, Woodstock and Observatory from 10am to 10pm, seven days a week with a R20 delivery fee. UberEATS now offers those living in these areas an alternative way of getting good food in good time, with no minimum order size.
Don’t get hangry, get UberEATS!
- Download the app or go to ubereats.com to find what you’re craving
- Sign in – you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS – or create a new one.
- Tell us where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Browse local restaurants – search for your favourite local restaurant or try something new.
- Browse food types – looking for Sushi? Use the search function to look up the options.
- Check out with a tap – simply pay with your card on file. And remember, the delivery fee is R20.
- Track your order – watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.
Discounts for new users
First time trying UberEATS? Download the app and enter the promo code at checkout; eats-0wicque on checkout to enjoy up to R60 off your first order. Available for new UberEATS users only.
Not in the launch zone?
UberEATS has just started and will be expanding the delivery area across Cape Town and adding more of your favourite restaurants in the coming weeks.
My experience with UberEATS, for the first time last night, had me blown away by the customer service on and offline. At first, it appeared that the app did not accept my promo code, but after a few Tweets with Uber Support all was resolved. I tried two new restaurants, for FREE (thanks to my promo codes) without having to leave the house!
The delivery guys were both ahead of scheduled arrival time. Tracking your order in real time, is outstanding and unlike any other delivery service.
So go on, use the Promo code and give it a whirl!
*Disclaimer – This is a sponsored post